Monday, November 22, 2010

Post 53...Baby it's cold outside

Today is the day! It is the day of our first Obgyn appointment and, much to our surprise, it is also the first snow of the season. All morning long, and even now, I have been watching the snow transform everything outside into soft white mounds. The news is predicting that we'll have a few inches of snow by the end of the day, and that the wind is suppose to kick up, making the roads more messy as the day goes on. As excited as I am for the unexpected snowfall, I'm hoping it doesn't make us late for our appointment today. The appointment isn't until 3:30 and by then the weather might be worse. Honestly, it's not a lot of snow and the roads, for the most part, are pretty clear. But it's the other drivers I'm worried about. Here in the Seattle area, people lose their minds when we get the slightest dusting of snow! Without even so much as three inches of snow and schools are closed all over the place, and even the buses in down town have their chains on! Chains!...In not even an inch of snow! It's ridiculous! But consequently, it has made a mess of traffic, so I am worried about fighting our way to the appointment later. With any luck, we can get there with little stress.

Aside from all that, I'm elated to see Sunshine for the first time! It will be such a relief to know he/she is healthy and safe. I'm also curious to see how far along I am. I think I'm a little over 7 weeks but I'm not 100%. It's hard to know when implantation actually happened. We will also get our expected due date today too which will be fun to know. And, I believe we'll also get an idea as to when I'll be getting the cerclage. So it's a big day today! It feels like the true start of this pregnancy. Now is when things will really start to ramp up with appointments, baby growth, and more. The nice part is, I'll now have more regular Obgyn check ups, so we can check in on Sunshine more often and be reassured that he/she is doing well.

Here's hoping everything goes well with our appointment today. I'll post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment