Monday, June 13, 2011

Post 116...Romance

Since we could be having the baby as early as next week, tonight I have decided to set up a romantic dinner for my husband. He's not home from work yet, but I've got dinner ready and waiting. I've been wanting to have a romantic Italian dinner just the two of us but since I also don't want to spend a lot of money eating out, I decided to make a home cooked Italian dinner complete with candlelight and romantic Italian music (I still have a copy of the CD we used to play at an Italian restaurant I waitressed years ago). Tonight, we will be dining on stuffed mushrooms, garlic bread, salad, and shrimp and pasta in a garlic marinara sauce. And I have the wine glasses out so I can have some cranberry juice in it just to feel like I'm having the real deal. As much as I can, I want to enjoy the time I have with my husband before we have the baby. Don't get me wrong, I'm beyond excited to be a family with little Andy. But right now, I want to celebrate the relationship I have with my wonderful husband. It's been just the two of us for nearly 5 years now. So I want to have at least one more romantic night before Andy is here. For all I know, we might still have about a month before Andy is actually here. But just in case he decides to come at the earliest time possible, we can at least have one last romantic dinner before it requires a babysitter.

Time to go light the candles and pour the juice!

No comments:

Post a Comment