Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Post 65...Testing 1, 2, 3

Yesterday I got the results back from the blood test from our combined screening. I'm happy to report that the tests all came back clean. The doctor said that the risk of chromosomal abnormalities is very low. So that is a relief. Not that I really thought our risk was high but, after breaking the odds with my incompetent cervix, I didn't want to take any chances. Also, I am now officially insured! I should be getting my card in the next week or two. I'm still waiting to get the information in the mail about DSHS coverage, but it's nice to know I at least have coverage in time for the cerclage.

Oh the cerclage...it's next week and I'm very scared. Each day I get closer to the surgery, my eye has been twitching more and more, and I've been really emotional. Not only is this my first time ever having surgery, it's a procedure that will determine the life or death of my baby. And although the hospital care is great and the doctors have been wonderful, I hate being at the hospital. The only times I've ever been in the hospital for myself has been the day I was born and the day I miscarried Joey. So...not exactly a happy memory the last time I was there. It's very hard waiting and watching as the date of the cerclage slowly approaches.

On a happy note, I've been feeling more fluttery movements of the baby moving. From time to time, I even feel a very obvious BOMP of the baby kicking. I can't wait for the kicks to be even stronger and more obvious. I've missed that feeling.

Today, I want nothing more than a giant sub sandwich with everything on it: extra meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato, avocado, olives, onion, peppers, mayo, and mustard. Oh it sounds amazing!....and maybe a soft-serve vanilla ice cream cone for dessert! I guess the cravings are kicking in again.

No comments:

Post a Comment