Monday, January 31, 2011

Post 74...The Great Wall

On the 25th, I had my two week check up to see how the cerclage was healing. It was a short visit, but it was still fun to see the baby looking even bigger than last time. It was odd seeing how different my cervix looked this time around. Before the surgery, my cervix looked sorta like the end of a squished 'U' shape, but this time, there wasn't even the slightest gap in there! It looked like a thick wall between the opening of the vaginal canal and the uterus. I was actually quite happy to see the great wall protecting my baby from preterm delivery.

The doctor said everything was looking great, and that my recovery was going even better than most. I had had some spotting for a few days after the surgery, which was to be expected. But it stopped only after a couple of days. And I didn't even have to use the entire prescription of pain meds they gave me for the cramping that would occur after having the surgery. Again, I only needed it for a couple days and then I was fine without it. So all in all, my recovery was going really well. I had no signs of infection, and the ultrasound of my cervix looked great.

After checking off my clean bill of health, the doctor gave me the okay to return back to normal daily activity. Of course, I still couldn't do anything too strenuous. No heavy lifting, or long walks. But I could get up and about more, and even gradually work my way up to going on half-hour walks. So now, with the doctor's approval, I am able to get up and about! The first few days back on my feet left me feeling a little sore in the cervical area at the end of the day. And I still have to rest my body more than I used to. But all in all, it's nice to be out of bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment