Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Post 114...Puffy

The further along I get in this pregnancy, the hotter and puffier I get! I just went for my usual walk around the neighborhood and before I know it, my feet feel hot and tight and my wedding rings don't fit. Every now and then I have to take my rings off before they feel too tight around my finger. Luckily the puffiness seems to subside fairly quickly, but in the mean time, it's not the most comfortable feeling. I am glad though that I can keep up with my walks. I'm even able to still go on the long walk to the grocery store and back. I just can't do it as often as I used to and I have to go much slower than before. But I can still do it!

I can't believe tomorrow is already June 1st! In just a matter of weeks we'll be getting the cerclage out and we'll be all the closer to Andy being out in the world with us. I am so excited and terrified all at the same time. Although we're very much ready, there is still so much to do to prepare for his arrival. And even still, no matter how much I do, I still don't feel 100% ready, but I don't expect that I ever will. I keep worrying if I'll be a good enough mom, or if my husband and I will ever have a moment to just relax once he's here. Everyone keeps telling me to get as much sleep as I can now before he comes, reminding me of how exhausted and scared I'll be. So many people keep telling me of all the aches and pains I'll feel, how I won't get any sleep, how I'll have to listen to the baby crying 24/7, how he'll poop all the time, and how I should pray to God he doesn't get colic! No one is telling me how amazing it'll be to have him here with us. And honestly, even though I'm fully aware that it will be a difficult transition, hearing nothing but horror stories and "realities" is starting to make me feel really scared. I really hope that I will be able to handle it all while keeping my sanity in tact.

Last Saturday was really fun though. We got to have our maternity pictures done by an old friend of mine. We've known each other since we were babies, and she did the pictures for my wedding too. I am super excited to see how the maternity pictures turned out! She said that we should get the CD of pictures in about two weeks. I was also really happy that the sun decided to peak out just in time for our photo shoot so we were able to get some of the pictures done at a local park nearby. I think those will turn out really cute! The other exciting part is, my friend will also be doing our newborn pictures for free! So probably within the first few weeks after Andy is born, we'll have her come back over to take some pictures of him. I can hardly wait!

So other than being puffy and a little more tired these days, all in all I'm doing pretty well. Even though I am getting extremely nervous for the day Andy will be born, I am also beyond excited to have him here!--Not that he's not here right now, but you know what I mean.--This coming weekend we've still got lots to do to get ready. Since we don't know how soon or late he will come after the removal of the cerclage, we're preparing for his arrival for the earliest date possible. We've got the car seat to install, the hospital bag to pack, a few more items to get for the nursery, we need to go through the list of local pediatricians and sign up with one....

Let the count down begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment