Friday, March 11, 2011

Post 92...Birthday fun day four

Tuesday March 8th, my 25th birthday!

We started off my birthday with a checkup at Eastside medical. Like usual, they measured my cervix and took an ultrasound of Andy. What better birthday gift could I get than to watch my son wiggling around on the monitor? He's looking so big these days! It was amazing to see his little mouth moving as it looked like he was practicing swallowing. I was overwhelmed with the urge to kiss him and hold him close!

The doctor said everything is looking fantastic. In fact, he said that I could start going on longer walks and try to return back to normal activity. Well, normal activity for a pregnant woman so I guess I'll have to hold off on playing on a giant trampoline just a little while longer. ;-) I was so excited to hear that I could start increasing my activity even more. He said I could even start doing some pregnancy yoga if I wanted! But he warned me with a teasing smile, "Those stitches are a loan. So don't go and mess up my stitches 'cause I'm gonna want them back." I giggled and promised to take good care of them. But much to my surprise, he then asked me "So have we talked yet about sexual activity?" I blushed and told him we had been holding off on EVERYTHING that could cause "trauma" to the cervix. "Well," he said, "since everything is holding up so well, I think it is perfectly safe to introduce that back into your activity when you guys feel ready."

Did he just say what I think he said?....

Ahem!...well...that's a good birthday gift!.......










After our doctor's appointment, we went back to the bookstore so I could use up the rest of my gift card. There I got two more books: The Girl Who Fell From the Sky, and the complete Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales. And after satisfying my literary needs, we went off to the mall to walk around. Since I had being given the okay to walk around more, I was anxious to stretch my legs!

Once we had walked around the mall and worked up an appetite, I finally got what I originally asked for for my birthday: Dick's burgers! My husband drove us down to Seattle and there we got burgers, fries, and milkshakes! It was a delicious splurge!


It's weird to think back on my last birthday. Last year on my birthday we announced to our family that we were pregnant with Joey by bringing out a birthday cake that read: We're Pregnant! Though this year's birthday didn't come with the same surprise to our family as the last, I wouldn't trade it for the world! My special four day weekend birthday celebration was fantastic! And I couldn't think of a better way to spend my actual birthday than seeing my son in the morning and enjoying a burger with my husband! I'm happy to move on from 24 years old, the year where I feel like I aged more than ever given the year's events. But I have a good feeling about 25. I think this year will be a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment