Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Post 87...Kicks for Daddy

Last night for the first time, Joe felt Andy kick! For the past several days I have been feeling Andy kick harder and stronger. So in my eagerness for Joe to feel him, I've been putting his hand on my tummy any time I feel Andy kicking hard. Well, last night after dinner, we were sitting back on the couch watching tv when I felt Andy stirring around. So I put my husband's hand on my tummy and sure enough, right at that moment Andy gave one strong kick! It was the hardest I have ever felt him kick! I looked up excitedly at Joe and asked "did you feel that?"
His eyes were wide, "yeah! I did! That was him?"
"Yup! That's your son!"
For several more minutes, Joe sat there like a statue trying to feel more kicks. But after that one good kick, Andy seemed to settle back down. It was as if he wanted one good kick for daddy and then went back to sleep. It was such a sweet moment to see the excitement on my husband's face. Immediately after, he was online posting an update to facebook telling everyone how he felt his baby kick for the first time.

The funny thing is, to me, the kick felt so strong. It was unmistakable. And yet to Joe, it felt so much smaller. But he still felt it none the less. It's exciting to know that, from here on, the kicks will only get stronger and will be easier for Joe to feel.

I am so elated that Joe got to feel his son for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment